Monday, July 21, 2014

From the Vault

Every Monday we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)

 Today's Question: I have a lot of pets. A lot. Name some of your favorite fictional pets.


Jaime- This is probably cliché but I’m going with Hedwig, Pigwidgeon, and Buckbeak from HARRY POTTER.



Alexandra - Mogget from Garth Nix's SABRIEL (though I don't think Mogget would appreciate being called a pet.) And Angus from the Georgia Nicolson series by Louise Rennison.


Tracey - I still remember poor Old Yeller from school. That little bit of childhood trauma is why I generally avoid “dead pets” stories. As for live pets who stay alive until the end, I was also a big fan of Black Beauty growing up. My mother used to read that to me before bed, and I still remember how much Black Beauty hated it when her owner put a bit in her mouth and tightened the reigns too much. Thanks to that book, I never look at a horse without wondering if it’s in pain.
 

 
 
Katy - Bendomolena from AUDREY, WAIT! comes immediately to mind. That cat was so rotten and hilarious, a fully developed character, and it’s stuck with me ages after reading.  


Matt - Oppa and Momo, of course! I also really love Ingrid in GRASSHOPPER JUNGLE.

Leigh - I have a policy about reading books with animals in them. It goes like this: I don't. Please send all of your frustrated letters to Disney.


Sarah - Manchee from KNIFE OF NEVER LETTING GO is awesome and hilarious and such a dog. But I would go remiss without mentioning Menolly's 9 firelizards in the Harper Hall trilogy.

Your turn! Who are some of your favorite fictional pets?
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved